Weekly Wrap-up: October 11, 2013
This week on the podcast we discussed probate and why estate planning professionals and attorneys encourage you to avoid probate. The three top reasons to avoid probate that we discussed were: probate takes a long time, probate is costly, and probate takes a long time. We also discussed five estate planning tools that can be used to avoid probate – from very simple to very complex.
Next Monday on the podcast we will dive into the topic of health care directives.
We will discuss:
- What are advance health care directives?
- Do you need both a health care power of attorney and a living will?
- Can I make my own medical decisions after I sign these or do I give up that right?
- What happens to make these documents effective?
- What if a family member doesn’t want the doctor to abide by the living will directive?
All that and more on Episode 4 of the 6 Minute Legal Podcast.